The Spring 2014 edition of Kinfolk explores the meaning of Home!
Features a 46-page Home Tours section with lots of images from around the world :-)
Kinfolk Issue Eleven includes such stories as:
• Great Danes: profiles of Three Talented Designers in Copenhagen
• Man About the House: an interview with the Design Legend Sir Terence Conran
• Becoming Your Home: a Photo Essay about merging with the Woodwork by Maia Flore
• Dreaming in Cardboard: a Photo Essay of Homes made from the Dreams of Children
• The Chef ’s Kitchen: interviews with Three Acclaimed London Chefs who also contribute Simple Recipes they make at home
• Continental Drift: Essays from Three Creatives who have moved across the world
• How to Be Neighborly: The Housemates Edition
• Tips on being an ideal houseguest, having Housewarming & Housecooling Parties, feeling at home while traveling and avoiding the man-cave style of decor
• Essays on living alone, as a pair or in a Group House creating a well-worn home adapting the tradition of wearing slippers house sitting having a Decadent Dinner Party for yourself and what changes may occur when living with Cats and Infants.
• Our usual mix of essays, photo essays, recipes, tips and practical advice
Volume 7 is an ode to ice cream and a celebration of the spring season!
Focusing on those shared loves that bring us together:
the enjoyment of food, friends, family, and time spent in community whether around the table or out-of-doors :-)
Ice cream recipes, flowers, crab harvesting, and even some motorcycles…
The sixth issue of Kinfolk honors the holiday season as a time to celebrate the traditions we have learned with our families, and those we cultivate among friends and young families of our own:
Recipes for cozy weekends, ideas for venturing out-of-doors, fragrant simmer pots, a foraging guide for pine trees, and inspiration for the dark days of winter!
Each issue combines lyrical essays, recipes, interviews, personal stories and practical tips with a keen attention to design and details.
Readers look to Kinfolk as a trusted resource for both enticing and meaningful activities - whether it's a new cooking skill, road trip route, or camping guide, Kinfolk is a blueprint for a balanced, intentional lifestyle.
Beautiful, Original Inspiration for Sharing Food with Family and Friends!
Simplified Way of Approaching Their Own Entertaining at Home
Over 30 Well-known Photographers have Collaborated with Stylists, Filmmakers, Chefs, Bakers and their own Close Friends with Stunning Photography throughout
Relaxing Read for Those Wishing to Escape the Stresses of Modern Life
The Honest, Natural, Uncontrived Mood
Recreational Cooking and Domestic Entertaining
Creative Individuals behind Restaurant Meals
Explores how we all might benefit from incorporating more of the things we Love into Our Daily Routines instead of saving them for the weekend or our next vacation...!
The Essays and Personal Stories focus on Welcoming Food, Community and Simplicity into Our Lives as frequently as possible.
A Collaborative Project that involved more than 50 Artists who contributed Essays, Photographs, Ideas, Paintings and Films.
Practical Ideas (such as On the Road/Off the Grid, Office Hygge and The Goodness of Handcrafted Gifts), Reflective Essays (such as A Quiet Life, Revisiting Our Temples and Two-Week Experiment) and Many Beautiful Photo Essays (such as Morning Rituals, Chicken and Egg and Savoring Spring).
The Family behind Olivia Te Cuida, Marjorie Taylor (The Cook’s Atelier) and the Folks behind Marlow & Sons, along with our usual coverage of Small Events and Gatherings.